Early May is the best time to get your hummingbird and oriole feeders out. Sugar water is all you really need, but oriole also like grape jelly and orange halves. It is important to note, that the grape jelly needs to have sugar in it. Offering a sugar free jelly means the bird would not get the energy that it needs. Also the jelly should have no or limited amount of preservatives. We carry a bird berry jelly specially formulated for orioles. And a little goes a long way. When choosing a feeder look for one that is easy to take apart and clean. Dirty feeders will not be used by the birds. Also feeders that keep ants and wasps out are preferred. Any floating matter in the nectar will keep the birds away as well.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 202 – Compare the quality (Nov. 6th, 2020)
- Seen any Evening Grosbeaks yet?
- Garden Gate: Episode 201 – Pottery art by Richard Mund (Oct. 23rd, 2020)
- Garden Gate: Episode 200 – Salt Box Shoppe rustic bird houses (Oct. 9th, 2020)
- Garden Gate: Episode 199 – Beautiful sweet goldfinches