Early May is the best time to get your hummingbird and oriole feeders out. Sugar water is all you really need, but oriole also like grape jelly and orange halves. It is important to note, that the grape jelly needs to have sugar in it. Offering a sugar free jelly means the bird would not get the energy that it needs. Also the jelly should have no or limited amount of preservatives. We carry a bird berry jelly specially formulated for orioles. And a little goes a long way. When choosing a feeder look for one that is easy to take apart and clean. Dirty feeders will not be used by the birds. Also feeders that keep ants and wasps out are preferred. Any floating matter in the nectar will keep the birds away as well.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 220-Canadian made (July 16, 2021)
- Garden Gate: Episode 219 – Tools, gloves and other handy items (July 2, 2021)
- Late-summer allergies: goldenrod isn’t the culprit!
- Garden Gate: Episode 218-Decorating your outdoor space (June 18, 2021)
- Garden Gate: Episode 217-Gift ideas for dad (June 4, 2021)