A great way to get a wide variety of birds to your bird feeding station is to offer a variety of bird food specific to each bird. For example, Cardinals like safflower seed but not a lot of other birds do. Cardinals are also shy, so it’s nice to have a bird feeder suited to cardinals with their favourite seed being offered. Blue Jays on the other hand love peanuts and can be a bit of a bully. Setting up a peanut feeder takes them to that feeder instead of the mixed seed feeder other birds like chickadees enjoy. Check out this episode of The Garden Gate for more ideas.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate Episode 134: Bee friendly Bird Food
- Garden Gate Episode: 133 – Annual Backyard Bird Count with guest Drew Monkman
- Garden Gate: Episode 132 – Cold winter/Warm birds with guest Gary Cowie (Jan. 19th, 2018)
- Garden Gate: Episode 131 – Outdoor bird winter watching (January 5th, 2018)
- Garden Gate: Episode 130-Attracting Blue Jays and Cardinal