A great way to get a wide variety of birds to your bird feeding station is to offer a variety of bird food specific to each bird. For example, Cardinals like safflower seed but not a lot of other birds do. Cardinals are also shy, so it’s nice to have a bird feeder suited to cardinals with their favourite seed being offered. Blue Jays on the other hand love peanuts and can be a bit of a bully. Setting up a peanut feeder takes them to that feeder instead of the mixed seed feeder other birds like chickadees enjoy. Check out this episode of The Garden Gate for more ideas.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 140 – Intricate Greeting cards with guest Heather Nisbett
- Garden Gate: Episode 139 – Tips and Tricks to attract hummingbirds (May 11th, 2018)
- Garden Gate: Episode 138 – Soap stone carving kits for children (April 27th, 2018)
- Garden Gate: Episode 137 – Woodstock Windchimes (April 13th, 2018)
- Garden Gate: Episode 135 Birds striking and flying at windows (March 16th, 2018)