A great way to get a wide variety of birds to your bird feeding station is to offer a variety of bird food specific to each bird. For example, Cardinals like safflower seed but not a lot of other birds do. Cardinals are also shy, so it’s nice to have a bird feeder suited to cardinals with their favourite seed being offered. Blue Jays on the other hand love peanuts and can be a bit of a bully. Setting up a peanut feeder takes them to that feeder instead of the mixed seed feeder other birds like chickadees enjoy. Check out this episode of The Garden Gate for more ideas.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Ever heard of a Pine Grosbeak or a Bohemian Waxwing?
- Garden Gate: Episode 202 – Compare the quality (Nov. 6th, 2020)
- Seen any Evening Grosbeaks yet?
- Garden Gate: Episode 201 – Pottery art by Richard Mund (Oct. 23rd, 2020)
- Garden Gate: Episode 200 – Salt Box Shoppe rustic bird houses (Oct. 9th, 2020)