A great way to get a wide variety of birds to your bird feeding station is to offer a variety of bird food specific to each bird. For example, Cardinals like safflower seed but not a lot of other birds do. Cardinals are also shy, so it’s nice to have a bird feeder suited to cardinals with their favourite seed being offered. Blue Jays on the other hand love peanuts and can be a bit of a bully. Setting up a peanut feeder takes them to that feeder instead of the mixed seed feeder other birds like chickadees enjoy. Check out this episode of The Garden Gate for more ideas.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 209 – Plants to attract birds to your garden
- Garden Tips: Landscaping for birds
- Garden Gate: Episode 208 – Building a squirrel proof bird feeding station (Jan 29, 2020)
- Garden Gate: Episode 207 – Photography tips (Jan 15, 2021)
- Garden Gate: Episode 206 – Feeding birds in the winter (Jan. 1st, 2021)