A great way to get a wide variety of birds to your bird feeding station is to offer a variety of bird food specific to each bird. For example, Cardinals like safflower seed but not a lot of other birds do. Cardinals are also shy, so it’s nice to have a bird feeder suited to cardinals with their favourite seed being offered. Blue Jays on the other hand love peanuts and can be a bit of a bully. Setting up a peanut feeder takes them to that feeder instead of the mixed seed feeder other birds like chickadees enjoy. Check out this episode of The Garden Gate for more ideas.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 256 – Attracting birds in the winter with heated bird baths (Jan 27, 2023)
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 255 The best suet for winter feeding (Jan 13, 2023)
- Garden Gate: Episode 255-Bird seed for winter feeding (Dec 23, 2022)
- Garden Tips: Attracting birds to your yard in the winter
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 254 – Time to puzzle (Dec 16, 2022)