A great way to get a wide variety of birds to your bird feeding station is to offer a variety of bird food specific to each bird. For example, Cardinals like safflower seed but not a lot of other birds do. Cardinals are also shy, so it’s nice to have a bird feeder suited to cardinals with their favourite seed being offered. Blue Jays on the other hand love peanuts and can be a bit of a bully. Setting up a peanut feeder takes them to that feeder instead of the mixed seed feeder other birds like chickadees enjoy. Check out this episode of The Garden Gate for more ideas.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 280 – Solmate Socks! (Nov 24, 2023)
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 279 – Squirrel Buster Suet! (Nov 10, 2023)
- What do trail mix and feeding birds have in common?
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 278 – Setting Up a Feeding Station (Oct 27, 2023)
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 277 – The Importance of a Clean Feeder (Oct 13, 2023)