A great way to get a wide variety of birds to your bird feeding station is to offer a variety of bird food specific to each bird. For example, Cardinals like safflower seed but not a lot of other birds do. Cardinals are also shy, so it’s nice to have a bird feeder suited to cardinals with their favourite seed being offered. Blue Jays on the other hand love peanuts and can be a bit of a bully. Setting up a peanut feeder takes them to that feeder instead of the mixed seed feeder other birds like chickadees enjoy. Check out this episode of The Garden Gate for more ideas.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 131 – Outdoor bird winter watching (January 5th, 2018)
- Garden Gate: Episode 130-Attracting Blue Jays and Cardinal
- Garden Gate: Episode 129 – Attracting birds with peanut and suet
- Garden Gate: Episode 128 – Photographing birds with guest Rodney Fuentes
- Garden Gate: Episode 127 – Using outdoor art in the garden