Not everyone realizes that birds love peanuts! Especially Blue Jays, Woodpeckers, Nuthatches and Chickadees. Feeding peanuts and suet is especially important in the winter and the birds get lots of energy from these foods! The fat helps them to stay warm and survive long winter nights. Suet, peanuts both hulled and shelled are favourites. When buying suet, be sure to avoid suet cakes containing cornmeal as this is not a birds favourite food and it also can go moldy. Peanuts must be fresh as old peanuts can be stale or rancid. Ask your supplier about ingredients and age of the seed. The Avant-Garden Shop carries only “NEW CROP” seed which is the freshest you can buy and our suet contains no fillers.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 209 – Plants to attract birds to your garden
- Garden Tips: Landscaping for birds
- Garden Gate: Episode 208 – Building a squirrel proof bird feeding station (Jan 29, 2020)
- Garden Gate: Episode 207 – Photography tips (Jan 15, 2021)
- Garden Gate: Episode 206 – Feeding birds in the winter (Jan. 1st, 2021)