Not everyone realizes that birds love peanuts! Especially Blue Jays, Woodpeckers, Nuthatches and Chickadees. Feeding peanuts and suet is especially important in the winter and the birds get lots of energy from these foods! The fat helps them to stay warm and survive long winter nights. Suet, peanuts both hulled and shelled are favourites. When buying suet, be sure to avoid suet cakes containing cornmeal as this is not a birds favourite food and it also can go moldy. Peanuts must be fresh as old peanuts can be stale or rancid. Ask your supplier about ingredients and age of the seed. The Avant-Garden Shop carries only “NEW CROP” seed which is the freshest you can buy and our suet contains no fillers.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 140 – Intricate Greeting cards with guest Heather Nisbett
- Garden Gate: Episode 139 – Tips and Tricks to attract hummingbirds (May 11th, 2018)
- Garden Gate: Episode 138 – Soap stone carving kits for children (April 27th, 2018)
- Garden Gate: Episode 137 – Woodstock Windchimes (April 13th, 2018)
- Garden Gate: Episode 135 Birds striking and flying at windows (March 16th, 2018)