CHEX TV airdate: Friday Feb. 20, 2015, 5pm Click link to view this episode. For the last couple of years a high number of owls have been spotted in our region. Especially snowy owls. They are so beautiful and exciting to see! I haven’t seen a snowy owl myself but was fortunate enough to have a visit from a very large Barred owl! Right in my backyard. On this episode I speak with Walter Wehtje, a biologist and instructor at Trent University about owl sightings and migrations habitats. ?Walter highlights one of his favourite websites to track the owls.??www.projectsnowstorm.org The project “Snow storm” began with the historic snowy owl irruption of 2013-14, and is a continuing effort to learn about these majestic raptors. On March 6th, join Walter and I as we discuss migration habits of other birds!
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 209 – Plants to attract birds to your garden
- Garden Tips: Landscaping for birds
- Garden Gate: Episode 208 – Building a squirrel proof bird feeding station (Jan 29, 2020)
- Garden Gate: Episode 207 – Photography tips (Jan 15, 2021)
- Garden Gate: Episode 206 – Feeding birds in the winter (Jan. 1st, 2021)