CHEX TV airdate: Friday Feb. 20, 2015, 5pm Click link to view this episode. For the last couple of years a high number of owls have been spotted in our region. Especially snowy owls. They are so beautiful and exciting to see! I haven’t seen a snowy owl myself but was fortunate enough to have a visit from a very large Barred owl! Right in my backyard. On this episode I speak with Walter Wehtje, a biologist and instructor at Trent University about owl sightings and migrations habitats. ?Walter highlights one of his favourite websites to track the owls.??www.projectsnowstorm.org The project “Snow storm” began with the historic snowy owl irruption of 2013-14, and is a continuing effort to learn about these majestic raptors. On March 6th, join Walter and I as we discuss migration habits of other birds!
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 220-Canadian made (July 16, 2021)
- Garden Gate: Episode 219 – Tools, gloves and other handy items (July 2, 2021)
- Late-summer allergies: goldenrod isn’t the culprit!
- Garden Gate: Episode 218-Decorating your outdoor space (June 18, 2021)
- Garden Gate: Episode 217-Gift ideas for dad (June 4, 2021)