Born in Kingston, Ontario, Marian Blunden received her Degree in Fine Arts from Queen’s University in 1996. After her graduation, she followed in her father’s footsteps in creating metal works of art. Marian developed a variety of designs made out of copper, stainless steel and tin, and her metal book covers were an immediate success at the Kingston market. Copper and enamel jewelry, panels and other metal works are an extension of her original product line. Marian Blunden’s work has been shown extensively at Ontario art and craft shows and stores across Canada. She has dedicated herself to her work since her graduation and her fine arts background gave her the confidence to pursue her passion for creating art. What she most enjoys about her work is that it always seems to evolve in the most surprising ways. As copper is very malleable, Marian is able to treat it with numerous techniques and to create unique designs.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Gate: Episode 120 – Wall art styles and care (July 21, 2017)
- Garden Gate: Episode 119 – A mini “studio tour” in the shop
- Garden Gate: Episode 118 – Setting up a bird feeding station (June 23, 2017)
- Garden Gate: Episode 117 – Favourite tools in the garden (June 9th, 2017)
- Garden Gate: Episode 116 – Mary Philpott, Ceramic artist (May 25th, 2017)