CHEX TV airdate: May 29th, 2015 On this episode of The Garden Gate I speak with Diana Primavesi from the Alzheimer’s Society. Over the years I have sold many bird feeders! ?People love to sit and watch the birds and see what new little guys will show up each year. ?I’ll get phone calls about new and exciting birds that are dropping in to resident backyards. ?My husband and I often sit on our back deck and can easily be amused for an hour by this bird in the tree, another on the feeder or something flitting about further back in the garden. It’s amazing how time flies when you watch these little movements. As people age and they are less active, I often get customers?coming in to help amuse either themselves or a spouse/partner who is having health issues or even suffering from the early stages of dementia. ?It’s great to see a caring person?come in to set up a bird feeder to help occupy others who must?spend time either in bed or sitting at a window. ?The birds can keep your eyes and mind active. Which is a good thing! Diana will share some ideas and tips on staying active both in the garden or by the window watching the birds. ? Photos by Fred Jennings, Longlac
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 280 – Solmate Socks! (Nov 24, 2023)
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 279 – Squirrel Buster Suet! (Nov 10, 2023)
- What do trail mix and feeding birds have in common?
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 278 – Setting Up a Feeding Station (Oct 27, 2023)
- GARDEN GATE: Episode 277 – The Importance of a Clean Feeder (Oct 13, 2023)