CHEX TV airdate: June 27th, 2014 Click link to watch this episode. Concrete sculptures can add charm, interest and surprise to your garden. ?Choosing a quality piece can sometimes be a challenge however. ?Often times we find ourselves lugging heavy concrete pieces into tool sheds or garages for winter protection. But if you choose quality concrete, this isn’t necessary! If you’ve been in any long standing classic garden or visited places such as Versailles in France, they have very old concrete sculptures, and you’ll realize that these pieces are too large or numerous to be brought indoors each winter. Also, the longer they live in a garden the more beautiful they become. Moss and lichen begin to grow within crevices highlighting the detail in each sculpture. On this episode of The Garden Gate I provide some tips on what to look for when purchasing concrete pieces for your garden so your art will last for many years.
Call Us Toll Free
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
- Garden Tips: Begone, Vile Interlopers! (on Grackles & Starlings)
- Garden Tips: Marching Into Spring
- Garden Gate: Episode 185 – By Hand show new products (Feb 28 2020)
- Garden Gate: Episode 184 – Toronto Gift Fair and new products for the spring (Feb. 14, 2020)
- Garden Gate: Episode 183 – Best places to bird in Peterborough with Michael Burrell (Jan. 31, 2020)